Monday, July 14, 2008

Let it Grow, Let it Go!

Wow, time has flown. I am in my 6th month of SL's and I will tell you that I am finally enjoying the journey. My hair looks vibrant and the weight is coming off. All the things that I wanted to focus on is happening.

My consultant gave me some great tips and they are really paying off with my hair. I will tell you that the Apple Cider Vinegar is the truth. My hair color is just as vibrant as it was when I first had it done. That was like 9 months ago last year. Can you believe it?

For the first few months, my scalp was giving me major problems. After a few treatments with the ACV and other methods, I was able to resolve some of the issues. I would tear my head up with scratching. Now, I can be at peace with my hair. Its finally settled into its new state. Thankfully and prayerfully.

The only thing that I hate doing is banding my hair up each time that I must wash it. I will get over there as time goes on.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I understand completely about the banding the locks for the washing.. I hate it.. But, I did it until I was at the 8 month of my loc journey. Sometimes I still do to prevent some slippage, and I have SL'd 22 months.. :) Your locks will go through sooooo many transitions. And you will fall in love with them more and more at each turn of events with them..

Jenn

CardioBunny said...

Glad your consultant helped you with the itchies cause they are enough to make you want to quit! I remember being so happy when I tried an ACV rinse because the itchies went away. I also notice that it makes my hair shinier :)