Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dazzling In The Glow of Sister Locks

On January 15th, 2008, I had my sisterlocks installed over 2 days and in 14 hours. When Danyale, my stylist, last counted, I had 358 locks. I was so surprised to finally have the installed.

Now you are asking, how did I hear about sisterlocks? Well my friends and sisterlock family, it was from seeing one of the dazzling Diva's that I know have them. Each day she had new do or updo that was just magnificent. I had to inquire...I had to ask her if i could feel and see what was up. That happened sometime in 2006. During that time, I was just learning about going natural. I made the BIG decision to do the BIG BC. I started just wearing a mini afro and as time progressed started doing twist-out. Check out some of my pics. You can tell that over time, my hair was just growing like crazy.

By the end of Dec 2007, I had 6" of hair. That is with growing out my hair over 1.5 years without the use of a relaxer and using a curling iron. Instead, I used Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme and Nairobi products. Every now and then, I would use Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding to twist my hair. One thing that still is a must is to have a hair dryer to dry the hair. It just makes a difference in a big way. From August 2006 to Dec 2007, I wore my hair natural.

Throughout this time of wearing 2-stranded twists and twist-outs, I realized that I wanted to see my hair long again. I did a bunch of investigation to find out about locs and sisterlocks. For me, sisterlocks are a bit more me...They are smaller and they just dazzle me when they are curled and done in a great hairstyle. The versatility allows me to rock my hair up or down.

Be mindful, that I am only in my first month and still have a ways to go but I wanted to let you now that how its going great thusfar.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi AUNT TAMiKA.
iTS ROSiE.
HOW ARE U DOiNG???
iM L0ViN THiS BLOG THiNGY!
HAHA
ViCTOR SHOWED iT 2 ME N MADE ME READ iT.
BUT iTS PRETTY iNTERESTiNG.
iTS BEEN A WHiLE SiNCE iVE SEEN U.
SO NEXT TiME U CUM DOWN 2 ViSiT TAYLOR && AUNT JANEE && WE SOOD GO HAVE A GiRL DAY.
WE COOD BRiNG GRANNY && Mii MOM 2.
iT WOULD BE LOTS OF FUN.
WELL iM SiCK RiTE NOW SO ii SHOULD JUST GO GET iN BED.


LOVE U && MiSS U
-ROSiE <3